Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Asus ROG Ally




 

The Asus ROG Ally.  The next-gen hand-held computer.  What makes this nice say over the Steam Deck is that it runs Windows 11.  It's currently way more decked out than my gaming PC.  And I can play it in handheld mode (like the Steam deck) or with peripherals and have it in desktop mode (which I'm currently doing.)

I get 3 mos of Xbox Ultimate.  I can download things from Steam, Epic, Playstation, Battlenet, Xbox, and Amazon Games.  I'm not limited to one operating system or a monopoly of the gaming industry.  I have run and tested World of Warcraft with Ultra settings, having no issues with latency or lag.  

I'm currently going to drive this as a gaming pc and see how it does.  My limitations are to what my USB/HDMI port connections can handle.  I don't get to use my headset at the moment so I'm using my Bluetooth earbuds.

I did pay it forward though. I had a Chromebook lying around that a fellow friend really could use for getting things together and since I wasn't really using it I gifted that away where someone could really use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress so far

 I’m really proud of my progress on the game.  Again, I mainly play Lego Fortnite and Festival.  I’ve been doing so well in Festival (Rock B...