Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Trying something

 With World of Warcraft HC out on classic.  I’ve decided to try that - slowly.  But also level a new character on retail, as if I were a brand new player.  

1.No heirloom gear (minor leveling bonus, but gear that you can use and never really have to swap out or upgrade as it will always be slightly better than any reward given.)

2. No bought gear/weapons from Auction House (anything that would give me an advantage while leveling.)  I bought 2 glyphs, which are visual changes only.

3.  I’m leveling the way the game wants me to - as a brand new player.  The developer revamped Battle for Azeroth for starting player and I was curious how or what they did.

My Mag’har Orc Shaman, dressed with wolf attire

This was taken at level 35, attributes and gear.

What I find surprising, is how fast I’m leveling.  I’m level 40 as of last night before I logged off to go to bed.  At level 50 I will be able to get the Mag’har heritage armor.  At level 60 I can go to current content.  And - I’m not done leveling where I am at.  I still have half the zone I’m in, plus a whole second zone.

If for some reason, that’s not enough, I still have 7 other expansions to gain more levels in!


Showing zero deaths

My log of quests that I’ve done.

My log of kills.


I have shared the last few images to show that I am leveling.  You can cheese this game in buying or paying someone gold to have them earn the xp for you to level, while you just stand there and soak it all in.  You can even leave your computer running and go do something else while you’re ‘leveling.’  I wouldn’t say this is good practice, especially if you’re new to the game or new to the class you’re wanting to play.  (Because you wouldn’t learn how to play it, if you allow someone to level for you..)

While I do have another shaman on the alliance faction, it’s been a while since I really played with that character and I figured I’d refresh my brain leveling and playing with a new one.  They are really fun.

I will say I’ve only come close to death 1x.  While I am reading the quests, apparently I missed the objective on one particular one.  A lot of quests require you to be in a “vehicle” doing something for the objective and I wasn’t in the vehicle.  I wasn’t getting credit either so I figured it out quick… but historically when they have you do that, the mobs are 10x harder than they should be requiring that vehicle.  I was killing everything no problem.  My issue was there were some groups that were just bigger than I could handle solo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aang! Chapter 5, season 2

 I am not good at battle royale and I generally play Legos or the Garage Band.  But I'm very pleased with my progress.  I played a quick...