Sunday, March 19, 2023

Shiny Pokemon hunting

 With nearly 186 hours played in Pokemon Violet, I have completed just about* everything.  Pokemon Home isn't available just yet - I'm getting the feeling it won't come available until the DLC comes this fall.  So if I'm wanting to complete my Pokedex I'm going to have to play the game, again through Scarlet.  I'm 50 pokemon shy, 3 of those being the legendary obtainable ones in the game.  Which I could have done in no time - I'm just choosing to do other things in the meantime.  Like last night - I went Iron Valiant hunting and came across 3 popping up on location at once!  None of them were shiny, naturally - but I did obtain them just the same.

Today, however, I decided to go specifically shiny hunting via sandwiches to see how viable it was.  I do not have the Shiny charm.  I do believe you're rewarded that once the Pokedex is completed.  I didn't think I did too bad, caught 3, with 4 attempted tries.  And I did get the Shiny Azumarill I wanted to get because with Easter coming, I thought it would be fitting to have a team of pokemon that were Easert colored.


This was one of the last ones I found.  I'm still learning which pokemon is which type.

The first one I found.  I was quite surprised when I found it.

Then while I was searching for another Ghost-type, I found this instead!  

The thing I have found, especially through random trading is that people have illegal pokemon in the game.  Or what I like to call digital business cards.  Because they change the pokemon name to some weird website or some odd name.  They then load these off to other people because they're technically not legally caught pokemon.  Now, I have since found out that it's 'okay' to own or have these pokemon in your collection and use them as you play the game.  What's not legal is if you try using them for the tournaments that are available.  I do have 3-4 traded pokemon that are like this.  While it bums me out, I'll have to put in the true time to obtain them legally if it's possible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress so far

 I’m really proud of my progress on the game.  Again, I mainly play Lego Fortnite and Festival.  I’ve been doing so well in Festival (Rock B...