Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Going green

 You know, I often wonder if those that cry to be more 'green' - if they truly are 'green in their everyday lives.  I am fully aware women can produce a lot of waste with tampons/pads.  I've been skipping my periods since 2016, only really having a period about 2x a year, if that.  (Mostly to see if I still have periods.)  I've spoken to my dr about this, and I got the go-ahead to do this before anyone says anything.  So my tampon waste is dramatically down.  I know there are reusable items, and I've tried using a diva cup but I am not coordinated enough to get the thing to work.  I still like wearing panty liners to protect my underpants from any accidents or leaks.  While I do have HSA and those things really don't cost me a dime, I've been wondering about reusable pads and if they work.  I found some online - you get a lot of 6 panty liners and a wet bag.  (I think you are to put the used items in the bag until you can wash them.)  I'm just storing them in there and I'll wash them in a clothes saver bag I have so I don't lose them in the wash.  While I still have some pads left, I'm going to trial-run these reusable pads to see if they will work for my needs.  Unless I'm sick, or something is wrong with me, any accidents or leaks are usually minimal.  I think these could work.  If I had a sewing machine, I'd just make my own.  But for now, I'll see if these will fit my needs and then I won't have to buy any more products - thus producing very little waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aang! Chapter 5, season 2

 I am not good at battle royale and I generally play Legos or the Garage Band.  But I'm very pleased with my progress.  I played a quick...