Wednesday, November 17, 2021

New job, old job?

 So back in April I started a new job.  After being unemployed from the pandemic and then working briefly with Spectrum (big mistake) I landed a job where I’m currently at.  (Redacted for privacy reasons- not that I’ll bitch about work… just the opposite.  Just know I work with personal information and security of that.)

I was in a class in the end of June, first of July to learn ‘the rest of my job’, which of course came with a load of nerves because of the amount of new responsibilities I’m now required to do.  Bottom line, I’ve ‘done’ this level of customer service before, it’s just now knowing and understanding what this company is requiring me to do on a daily basis.  So the job itself isn’t hard, but… what do I have to do to keep you happy?  I learned that.  Then I got covid.  I am a covid survivor.  2 weeks in the hospital with acute respiratory tory failure, then an additional 4 weeks out of work for recovery.  BELIVE it or not, this place is AMAZING!  Not only did I get a covid pay.  I was given short term disability.  I was given a work schedule accommodation (working only 4 hrs when I came back to work.) AND, because my significant other had a much more difficult survival with covid and it’s after affects, I’m STILL getting some accommodations as long as I’m upfront and honest!  Talk about what a company!  And that’s not the reason why I’m writing this post! NO… the hours I work, because we’re a 24/7 company, I work a split shift of 4am-1pm.  The AM hrs before my lunch are slow.  Meaning, I get paid for 4 hours of doing nothing.  Mostly I just draw, color, game or read.  But I get paid for it.  The last 4 hours tend to be busy, but it really only means I only ‘work’ for 4 hrs, but I get paid for 8.  Easiest job EVA!  I thought ACS was nice.  Nope, this tends to beat that!!  (Even ACS had it slow in the mornings til about 8 or 9 am.  I still had to work until 2:30.  Hahahaha, by 8 or 9 here, I’ve already worked a half day!  It’s amazing!  And I don’t want to do anything to change that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress so far

 I’m really proud of my progress on the game.  Again, I mainly play Lego Fortnite and Festival.  I’ve been doing so well in Festival (Rock B...