Wednesday, October 16, 2024

I've decided to give up on social media.

 

It is said that we are to spend time with God.

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!"1 Chronicles 16:11 (ESV)

 I believe Facebook and social media alike the seven deadly sins.  Pride for sure.  There is a sense of Pride having likes, and people agreeing with you.  There is a sense of Pride becoming "Keyboard Warriors" fighting with everyone and trolling with every comment.

I originally came back to Facebook for church.  I needed the online access to do the Facebook Live events for the church we were attending.  Now, we no longer attend that church and the services we join today are more private.  Originally I saw Facebook as a way to share and communicate with family whom live across country.  Now it's nothing more than a self driven soapbox for people and the like-minded who just blindly follow simply because of something said, liked or common agreement.

I have FOMO bad on things that I want for me... I was never one to jump on a bandwagon just because the other kids were doing it.  I usually beat to my own drum.

So - I don't like what I see on social media.  I don't like what people say.  I cannot fathom a world where you have the courage to say nasty, untruthful, yet hurtful things behind a screen and not give one rats ass about what was said.  And people are becoming more and more numb to what is being said it's frightening.  So every time I have this 'urge' of habit to want to open facebook, I instead open my bible!

Let me tell you! I found a chronological bible study online that I am learning A LOT.  Now my FOMO is telling me I HAVE to have the bible the presenter has.. but you know, I have this coloring bible and I'm liking what it's doing it!  So I might just continue to use and finish out this one as I originally intended when I purchased it back in like 2018!  If anything I might just want some more soft colors in marker rather than the highlighters I'm currently using... but it's what I have, it didn't cost me anything other than what I already own and I AM LEARNING!

I guess, to the fam on facebook - if you ever see this.  You know my number.  Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've decided to give up on social media.

  It is said that we are to spend time with God. "Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!" 1 Chronicles 16:...