Wednesday, April 3, 2024

D4, Season 3




 So it’s a new season in Diablo IV.  I’m currently playing it on the PS5, which absolutely runs flawlessly.  If I take it out to the living room, on the big screen it looks amazing!

“Mother’s Blessing” is currently active, giving xp bonus.  I think I went from mid 50s today to 61 before logging for bed.  Because I work from home, we now have lovely cameras we have to have logged in and on at all times.  This really limits my set up of having 2 monitors, and 2 sets of keyboards/mice for when I want to game between calls.  My productivity numbers are really on point, this is more for keeping me busy… otherwise I’ll go insane.  We can’t even color….

So my solution to work from home and still do what I want is to do things under the desk.  They can’t see my screens - one just doesn’t happen to have work related things on it… and under the desk well, there may or may not be a ps5 controller.  :)

I’ve had the camera for about a week now and so far here is what I learned:

  • It tracks your face.  It’ll get mad if you look down (which is where my fan is) or if you look behind you, which is where my trash can is.  Yes, (or no?) I don’t have any papers or writing utensils at my desk, but I have hair that I loose and maybe I’ll need to blow my nose, or q-tip my ear…. All those things need thrown away…
  • The camera isn’t “seeing” everything.  I can keep this very iPad, complete with Magic Keyboard near my monitor and it sees NOTHING.  I can watch YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, yea, I’m good.
  • I’ve also been utilizing my Apple Watch more, listening to Podcasts from it and definitely using the timers.
  • Even if it “detects” something, which in my case isn’t anything because  - I don’t have anything they can complain about, it doesn’t do anything.  It doesn’t lock the screen, it doesn’t flash red or call the IRS.  It just says “can’t detect face, or gadget detected and THERES NOTHING THERE.’
  • Lastly, I found out that I can still log into my computer and just not log on to the camera.  I mean… until the whole team is logged on no one’s really tracking this shit anyway.   Sooooo what’s the point?  To spend our Christmas/Customer Appreciation funds… I’m sure.
With D4, season 3, I’m almost complete.  I slowly keep carving away at it.  I’m nearly on level 60 on the season pass (or is it 70) and nearly done with Chapter 5.  I have until mid-May so I should be ok to get this done.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress so far

 I’m really proud of my progress on the game.  Again, I mainly play Lego Fortnite and Festival.  I’ve been doing so well in Festival (Rock B...